October 15, 2014
Today I am grateful for the balancing. “For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction,” right? (Newton’s Third Law of Physics) I think that applies to more than just the physical world. I think it extends to the spiritual and emotional realm, too.
- A crappy, bitter email from a former colleague hits the inbox, but then another colleague comes by for a visit and an uplifting conversation filled with laughter and humanity.
- The too-hot and somewhat windy day is followed by a cooler night and a temperature-tempering overcast morning the next day.
- An annoying interruption in scheduled work time butts up against an impromptu meeting that yields an actual result.
- A too-late night is followed by the gift of a nap and a relatively early bedtime. (Of course the next night was way too late…but tonight will be earlier and saner.)
- Strain and tension with a friend turn into goodwill and conversation.
See how this goes? I am grateful for the balancing, especially when I blend it with my focus on positive self-talk and looking for things great and small to be grateful for.